Lemon Curd Ice Cream
IngredientsLemon Curd Ice Cream
100g lemon curd
1 litre vanilla ice cream
lemon zest and chopped pistachios nuts, to serve
60g butter or margarine
70 g (80ml) Huletts Castor Sugar
2 extra-large egg yolks
60ml lemon juice
MethodLemon Curd Ice Cream
- Remove the ice cream from the fridge and allow to soften.
- Mix the lemon curd into the ice cream and place in freezer until required.
- Serve scoops of lemon curd ice cream garnished with lemon zest and chopped pistachios.
- Heat the butter and sugar together in a double cooker.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the mixture along with the lemon juice, beating continuously.
- Continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from stove plate and leave to cool.