Serves 4 - 6
3 extra large eggs
210 g(1 cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
125 ml(½cup) cooking oil
30 ml(2 T) lemon zest
15 ml(1 T) lemon essence
210 g(1½ cup) cake flour
10 ml(2 t) baking powder
3 ml(½t) salt
250 ml(1 cup) plain yoghurt or sour cream Icing:
130 g(1 cup) Huletts Icing Sugar
45 ml(3 T) lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170 ºC.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the oil to the mix while whisking continuously.
- Add lemon zest and essence.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Gently fold the yoghurt into the egg mix followed by the flour mixture.
- Spoon into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together anddrizzle over the lemon loaf.