Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
Makes ±24 cupcakes
- Cut out a small section on top of each cupcake and fill with a teaspoon of lemon curd.
- For the meringue topping, place the castor sugar, egg whites and salt in a Bain Marie with gently boiling water. Mix well to evenly blend.
- Once the sugar mix dissolves (reaches just above body temperate) remove from heat and whisk on highest speed. Once the mixture is stiff it’s ready to use. Place in a piping bag with a 1cm round nozzle.
- Pipe the meringue in a round swirl on top of each cupcake.
- Use a blow torch to brown the tops slightly (you can also place them on a baking tray under the grilling element of the oven under constant supervision.)