Love Bite Biscuits
Makes ±24 biscuits, depending on the size of the cutter you use.
For the Shortbread
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Beat the butter and castor sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the flour and cornflour and mix to a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough out onto lightly floured surface until 5mm thick.
- Cut with cookie cutter into heart and round shapes. Place on greased oven tray and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until a light straw colour. Leave to cool.
For the Royal Icing:
- In a small glass bowl, whisk the egg white.
- Add a pinch of cream of tartar. Continue to whisk in by hand until well blended.
- Add a teaspoon at a time of the icing sugar and continue to work in well until fully dissolved. Note: If too much icing sugar is added at one time, the icing becomes thick and heavy.
- Continue whisking in icing sugar until a medium peak forms.
- Mix half of the royal icing with red food colouring and keep the other plain. Decorate as per picture.