Mango Mousse Gluten and Egg Free
Serves 6- 8
30 ml (2 T) fresh lemon juice
30 ml (2 T) hot water
2 sachet (20 g) powdered gelatine
2 large ripe mangoes
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Castor Sugar
125 ml (½ cup) cream
2 extra large egg whites
125 ml (½ cup) double cream plain yoghurt
1 punnet raspberries, to serve (optional)
- Place the lemon juice and hot water in a small bowl and sprinkle over gelatine. Leave to sponge.
- Peel and roughly slice the mangoes and process in a liquidizer or processor to a smooth puree. Stir in the sugar and gelatine.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Beat the cream and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peak stage.
- Fold the cream, yoghurt and egg whites into the mango puree and spoon into individual dishes or mould.
- Leave to set in refrigerator before serving or turning out.