Makes ± 20 marshmallows.
400 g (500 ml) Huletts White Sugar
- Grease and line a square pan with silicon paper.
- Heat the sugar, water and syrup on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil to 115ºC.
- Stir in the soaked gelatine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the sugar syrup slowly into the egg white.
- Add the essence and stir for 1 minute. Pour into prepared pan.
- Leave to set.
- Cut with a warm knife into squares and roll in toasted coconut.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 2.00|
|Total expenses:||R 32.29|
|Recommended profit:||R 17.71|
|Recommended selling price per marshmallow (R50.00 divided by 20 marshmallows):||R 2.50|
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|