Makes ± 20 marshmallows.
Ingredients400 g (500 ml) Huletts White Sugar
15 ml Huletts Golden Syrup
250 ml water
20 g gelatine soaked in 100 ml water
2 egg whites
5 ml vanilla essence
100 g (312 ml) coconut, toasted
- Grease and line a square pan with silicon paper.
- Heat the sugar, water and syrup on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil to 115ºC.
- Stir in the soaked gelatine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the sugar syrup slowly into the egg white.
- Add the essence and stir for 1 minute. Pour into prepared pan.
- Leave to set.
- Cut with a warm knife into squares and roll in toasted coconut.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 2.00|
|Total expenses:||R 25.50|
|Recommended profit:||R 14.50|
|Recommended selling price per marshmallow:||R 2.00|
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|