Milk Tarts in Roly Poly Glasses
Makes 10 – 12 roly poly glasses, depending on size
1 packet tennis biscuits, finely crushed
50 g butter, melted
3 extra large eggs
200 g (1 cup) Huletts White Sugar
37,5 ml (2 ½ T) flour
37,5 ml (2 ½ T) cornflour
1 ml (pinch) salt
1 litre (4 cups) full cream milk
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
15 ml (1 T) butter
cinnamon for dusting
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the butter to form a crumbly mixture.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of the biscuit mixture into the base of the glasses and lightly press down with the back of a spoon.
For the Filling:
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, flour, cornflour and salt together until light and creamy. Set aside.
- Pour the milk into a large saucepan and place over medium heat, and bring to a gentle boil. Pour the milk into the egg mixture and stir well.
- Return the milk mixture to the saucepan and place over medium heat while stirring continuously, until mixture thickens (± 10-12 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla essence and butter.
- Scoop half of the filling on top of the crumbly mixture. Sprinkle another layer of biscuit mixture over the milk tart mixture and repeat with the rest of the filling. Place in refrigerator to set.
- To serve, dust with cinnamon.