Mini Cheese Cake Layer Jars
Serves 6 - 8
For the Compote:
200 g (½ packet) frozen strawberries or mixed berries
15 ml (1 T) water
105 g (½ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
For the Cream cheese layer:
500 g cream cheese
65 g (½ cup) Huletts Icing Sugar
30 ml (2 T) lemon zest
125 ml (½ cup) fresh lemon juice
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
200 ml cream
For the Biscuit base:
100 g digestive biscuits
50 g (¼ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
50 g butter, melted
For the Strawberry icing:
1 x 250 g packet Huletts Strawberry Flavoured Icing, prepared as per packet instructions
8 small jars
Fresh berries or strawberries
- Place frozen berries, water and sugar in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Simmer until soft and reduced to a thick sauce.
- Set aside to cool.
Cream cheese layer:
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour in cream whilst whisking and continue whisking until all the ingredients are well combined and light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse to form fine crumbs, place biscuits in a plastic bag and roll until crumbly and fine with a rolling pin.
- Combine the biscuit crumbs, castor sugar and butter and mixing well to coat the crumbs.
- Divide the biscuit mixture between the glasses and press onto the base of the glasses.
- Pipe a thin coating of the Huletts Strawberry Flavoured Icing on top of the biscuit base.
- Slice strawberries thinly and arrange the slices against the inside of the glass.
- Top with a layer of the cream cheese mixture.
- Top the cream cheese mixture with a layer of the compote.
- Refrigerate until required.
- Garnish with fresh berries to serve.