Mini Fruit Tarts
Makes 12 tartlets
For short crust pastry
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place the flour into a bowl. Make a well in the middle add the oil, salt and butter. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Moisten with enough cold water to bring the dough together. Briefly knead the dough by hand. It is important that this is done quickly - the less the pastry is handled, the better it will be.
- Cover with cling film and leave to chill in the fridge for 60 minutes but anything up to 24 hours. Bring the pastry back to room temperature before rolling it out.
- Spray 12 x 7cm diameter loose based tart pans with cooking spray. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry very thinly. Line the pans with the pastry.
- Arrange fruit decoratively in the pastry cases
- In a bowl, beat together the flour, eggs, sugar and crème fraîche until smooth. Pour over the fruit and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Leave to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
- Serve with a dollop Crème Fraiche.