Mini Mocha Cakes
Makes ± 12 mini squares, depending on size
For the sponge:
420 g (3 cups) cake flour
20 ml (4 t) baking powder
5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
3 ml (½ t) salt
420 g (2 cups) Huletts Castor Sugar
250 ml (1 cup) oil
10 ml (2 t) vanilla essence
50 ml vinegar
10 ml (2 t) instant pure coffee
500 ml (2 cups) boiling water
For the Icing:
2 x 250 g packs Huletts Cappuccino Flavoured Icing Sugar
250 g butter
To decorate (optional): Coffee beans, coated with edible gold dust and chocolate shavings
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Mix the remainder of the ingredients together and whisk into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a large greased and lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut cake into squares.
- Prepare the icing as per instructions on pack and use a piping bag or palette knife to ice cake squares.
- To decorate, top with coffee beans, coated with edible gold dust and chocolate shavings.