Monkey Gland Sauce
Monkey Gland Sauce is a restaurant item in South Africa. The tangy sauce is prepared in several manners, and may include a blend of fruit and spices. It is typically served with meats, such as steak, hamburgers, pork ribs or chicken. Several popular South African fast-food chains serve a Monkey gland burger. (Wikipedia)
Makes ± 500 ml sauce
15 ml (3 T) olive oil
- Place the olive oil in a saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite steak or burger.