Makes 15 rusks depending on size
1 kg cake flour
- Mix the flour, instant yeast, sugar, salt and aniseed together.
- Place the butter and white grape juice in a saucepan and heat until butter melts.
- Allow cooling till body temperature; do not add the milk to the grape juice, as it will curdle.
- Add the luke warm water, melted butter and grape juice to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the lukewarm milk and knead well until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with a sheet of plastic and rest for 25 minutes.
- Knock down and divide into 40 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball and place against one another in greased loaf pans.
- Cover and leave to prove until double in size, about 50 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180ºC for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and place in a cool oven, 100ºC, to dry out.