Old-fashioned Milk Tart
Line a 22,5 cm tart dish with 250 g puff pastry and bake blind
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Bring the milk and cinnamon stick to boiling point.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the boiling milk to the flour mixture.
- Return to saucepan and cook until flour is cooked.
- Remove from heat and add butter.
- Leave to cool and add beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into custard mixture.
- Pour into baked crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 160ºC and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.