Serves 6 - 8
5 gelatine leaves
500 ml (2 cups) cream
500 ml (2 cups) full cream milk
70 g (1/3 cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
10 ml (2 t) vanilla essence
1 ml (pinch) salt
65 g (½ cup) Huletts Vanilla Flavoured Icing Sugar
Fresh berries of your choice
- Place the gelatine leaves in a small bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the cream, milk, castor sugar, vanilla essence, and salt in a heavy- based saucepan and place over medium heat while stirring continuously, until the sugar has dissolved. Do not allow to boil.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatine leaves, one at a time, stirring constantly to dissolve.
- Lightly grease silicone cups or ramekins.
- Divide the cream mixture between the cups and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the icing sugar with small amounts of water at a time, stirring until a semi runny state is reached.
- Gently unmould the panna cottas onto serving plates.
- Drizzle the icing sugar over the top of the panna cottas.
- Top with fresh berries and serve immediately.