Huletts Passion Fruit Tartlets
Makes 6 mini tartlets
To make the Pastry:
- Mix the flour, sugar, and butter together and rub with fingertips until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add egg yolks and mix to make a stiff dough and knead on floured surface until smooth.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to a thickness of 2mm. Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter, 5cm in diameter.
- Place into tart pans, pressing lightly, trim edges. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line the base of the tarts with baking-paper. Fill with rice, dried beans, or baking weights.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastries are light brown. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150ºC.
To make the Filling:
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour filling into prepared pastry cases and bake for 40-50 minutes or until just set.
- Set aside to cool and serve at room temperature.
Sprinkle the tartlets with Huletts Castor Sugar and caramelize slightly using a blowtorch.