Passion Fruit Tartlets
Makes 6 mini tartlets
375 ml flour
40 g (80 ml) Huletts Icing Sugar
150 g cold butter, chopped
2 extra-large egg yolks
7 extra-large egg yolks
210 g (250 ml) Huletts Castor Sugar
5 ml finely grated lemon rind
80 ml passion fruit pulp, ± 4 to 5 fresh passion fruits
250 ml thick cream
Extra Huletts Castor Sugar to caramelise tops, if desired
- Mix the flour, sugar and butter together and rub with fingertips until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add egg yolks and mix to make a stiff dough and knead on floured surface until smooth.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Roll out pastry to a thickness of 2 mm. Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter, 5 cm in diameter. Place into tart pans, pressing lightly, trim edges. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line the base of the tarts with baking paper. Fill with rice, dried beans or baking weights. Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastries are light brown. Cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150ºC.
- Filling: Combine all the ingredients together and mix well. Pour filling into prepared pastry cases and bake for 40-50 minutes or until just set. Set aside to cool and serve at room temperature.
Hint: Sprinkle the tartlets with Huletts Castor Sugar and caramelise slightly using a blowtorch.