Pawpaw and Pineapple Jam Recipe
Makes ± 3 litres.
2 medium firm pawpaws (2kg)
- Quarter, seed and peel pawpaws, chop into 2 cm pieces.
- Peel pineapple, remove core and chop pineapple into 2 cm pieces.
- Combine pawpaw, pineapple and lemon juice in a large saucepan; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir over low heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.
- Add pectin paste.
- Bring to the boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until jam gels when tested.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot jam into hot sterilised jars.
- Seal while hot.
Serving suggestion: On toast, muffins or scones.