Pork Chops with a Sweet Sauce
5 ml (1 t) paprika
3 ml (½ t) white pepper
5 ml (1 t) steak and chop spice
6 x ±100 g pork chops
250 ml (1 cup) sweet chutney
60 g (1/3 cup) Huletts Treacle Sugar
250 ml (1 cup) mayonnaise
15 ml (1 T) vinegar
5 ml (1 t) curry powder
250 ml (1 cup) water
2-3 spring onions, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Mix the paprika, pepper, steak and spice together in a bowl. Rub the spice into the chops on both sides. Place in a large oven-proof dish and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, mix the chutney, sugar, mayonnaise, vinegar, curry powder and water together to form a thick sauce. Pour sauce over the chops.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180°C, cook the chops for a further 15 - 20 minutes, turning at intervals.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes. Garnish with the spring onions.