Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies
Makes 10-20, depending on size
Red Velvet Layer:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease a 20x20cm square pan and set aside.
- Mix melted butter, sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food colouring, and vinegar together, mixing well after each addition with a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Mix in the flour a little at a time until all combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, reserving about 1/3 of a cup for the top layer. In a separate bowl whisk the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla together until smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over batter. Using a spoon, drop dollops of the reserved brownie mixture over cream cheese. Use a skewer or knife to make large swirls in the batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30-40 minutes until cream cheese is just set on top. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes of your choice.
To store - cover and keep in refrigerator.