Rock Salt and Rosemary Shortbread
115g butter, softened
80ml (⅓ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
3 ml (¼ t) fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1 ml (pinch) rock salt, plus extra for sprinkling
250ml (1 cup) cake wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. 1 x lined and greased baking sheet
- Beat together the butter, Huletts castor sugar, rosemary, and salt with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Sift the flour and add to the butter mixture until the dough holds together. Remove dough from the bowl and knead lightly by hand until quite smooth.
- Form the dough into a ball and wrap loosely with cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until about 2mm thick.
- Cut out the biscuits, using a large scone cutter, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Store in an airtight container.