Rocky Road Brownies
Makes 12 – 14, depending on size
250 g butter, melted
420 g (2 cups) Huletts Castor Sugar
3 extra large eggs
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
210 g (1½ cups) cake flour
50 g (½ cup) cocoa powder
5 ml (1 t) baking powder
125 ml (½ cup) pecan nuts, chopped
125 ml (½ cup) chocolate chips
75 g nougat, cubed
75 g cranberries or cherries, chopped
125 g (1/2 packet) Huletts Chocolate Flavoured Icing, prepared as per instructions on pack
125 g (1/2 packet) Huletts Vanilla Flavoured Icing, prepared as per instructions on pack
Extra pecan nuts and cranberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a 22 cm x 32 cm baking tin with baking paper extending over the sides of the baking tray. This is to enable you to remove the brownies from the tin. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place the melted butter and castor sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, while beating after each addition. Add vanilla essence.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder together and fold into the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add pecans, chocolate chips, nougat and cranberries and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, spreading the mixture into the corners. Smooth the surface for even baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking tray.
- Once cool lift the brownies out of the tin using the baking paper as leverage and cut into squares.
- Pipe Huletts Chocolate Icing and Huletts Vanilla Icing over the top of the cooled brownies and sprinkle with extra pecan nuts and cranberries.