Rooibos Masala Chai Tea
500 ml (2 cups) low fat milk
4 rooibos tea bags
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cm fresh ginger, finely grated
6 cardamom pods, bruised
3 ml (½ t) black pepper, freshly ground
4 whole cloves
2 - 3 Huletts EquiSweet sachets of your choice
- Combine the milk, tea bags and spices in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Infuse for 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how strong you prefer your tea.
- Strain and return the spiced milk to the saucepan.
- Heat through and sweeten with EquiSweet to taste. (Hint: Lightly whisk for foam topping.)
- Serve hot.