Seasonal Salad with Chargrilled Chicken and a Citrus Sesame Dressing
1 butter lettuce
4 baby cucumbers, sliced
3 beetroot, boiled, peeled and sliced
2 oranges, peeled and sliced
1 grapefruit, peeled and sliced
3 chicken breasts, seasoned
2 rounds feta crumbled
125 ml (1/2 cup) pecan nuts
30 ml (2T) Huletts EquiSweet
125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh orange juice
15 ml (1T) Huletts EquiSweet
15 ml (1T) wholegrain mustard
5 ml (1t) sesame oil
- Prepare the salad ingredients and set aside.
- Season and lightly grill the chicken on a griddle pan and slice into chunky strips
- Sprinkle the Huletts EquiSweet over the pecan nuts and toss in a pan set over medium heat until lightly caramelised.
- Arrange the ingredients attractively on a platter and top with the crumbled feta and caramelised pecans.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a jug and whisk until well blended.
- Serve the salad with the dressing on the side or drizzle it over the salad prior to serving.