Shortbread Biscuit Bells
Makes ± 30 sandwiched biscuits
500ml (280g) cake flour
- Mix the flour and castor sugar together.
- Rub in the butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and almond essence.
- Mix to a stiff dough. Add a little milk if the dough is too stiff.
- Place the dough in a plastic bag and leave to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meanwhile preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Roll out pastry to a 3mm thickness and cut out with a bell shape cookie cutter.
- Place on greased baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Sandwich two biscuits together with strawberry jam and dust with icing sugar.