Makes ±15 - 20 shortbread biscuits
250 g butter
- Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar very well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to a stiff dough.
- Press into a greased baking pan, mark into fingers with a knife and prick the shortbread with a fork.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle liberally with castor sugar.
- Cut into fingers before the mixture cools completely.
- Carefully remove from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.