Shortbread topped with Treacle Sugar
Makes 8 slices
250 g butter, room temperature
100 g semolina
225 g cake wheat ﬂour, sifted
105 g (½ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
10 ml (2 t) vanilla essence
45 g (¼ cup) Huletts Treacle Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a fluted, loose-bottomed, rectangular tin.
- Place all the ingredients except the treacle sugar in a food processor and whizz until the mixture forms a dough.
- Press the dough lightly into the tin smoothing the top with the back of a spoon.
- Mark off 8 slices, but do not cut right through to the tin. Prick the surface with a fork and sprinkle with treacle sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave in tin to cool, rescoring the slices and topping with extra treacle sugar, if desired.