Slow-Roasted Pork Belly
Ingredients2,25kg pork belly, fat side scored
30ml Huletts Treacle Sugar
10ml dried oregano
30ml lemon juice
10ml ground cinnamon
Creamy mashed potato, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Mix all the paste ingredients together.
- Make ±1cm deep incisions in the flesh and rub in the paste.
- Wrap the pork in foil, place in a roasting pan, flesh side up, and cook for ±2½ hours. Turn skin-side up, halfway through the cooking process.
- Increase the oven temperature to 200ºC, remove the foil, sprinkle the skin generously with salt and roast until the skin crackles - ±± 30 minutes.
- Serve with creamy mash.