30ml (2T) olive oil
- Heat 30ml olive oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, and beef mince until lightly browned.
- Add the red wine, can of tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the herbs. Leave to simmer for 40 minutes over low heat.
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti as directed on the packet.
- Spoon a portion of pasta onto a dinner plate and top with the Bolognaise sauce. Serve with grated cheddar cheese.
Option: Mix the pasta with flavour-some cheesy white sauce.