Spinach Leaves with Slow Roasted Butternut topped with Mixed Seed & Nut Sprinkling
2 butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Cut the butternut squash lengthways and remove the seeds. Cut into cubes.
- Mix the thyme, brown sugar and olive oil and garlic together. Season to taste.
- Spread the butternut cubes on a greased baking tray and coat with the sugar mixture.
- Place in the oven and cook for ±1 hour or until tender.
- Distribute the spinach leaves on a platter
- Lightly whisk the dressing ingredients together and drizzle half of the dressing over the spinach leaves.
- Distribute the baked squash over the spinach leaves and top with mixed seed and nut sprinkling.
- Drizzle over the rest of the dressing and serve.
To toast seed mix: Place in a dry pan over medium heat. Toast for 2-3 minutes whilst watching. Shake the pan with intervals. Seeds tend to burn easily.