Sticky Chicken with Asian Salad
For the base:
60 ml (¼ cup) Teriyaki sauce
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Maple Syrup
2 garlic cloves, crushed
30 ml (2 T) vegetable oil
salt and white pepper
8 chicken drumsticks
250 ml (1 cup) cucumber, sliced into ribbons
30 ml (2 T) mint leaves, chopped
250 ml (1 cup) coriander leaves, torn
125 ml (½ cup) bean sprouts
½ red onion, sliced
150 g rice noodles, cooked and cooled
125 ml (½ cup) toasted peanuts
1 garlic clove, crushed
15 ml (1 T) sesame oil
45 ml (3 T) lime juice
15 ml (1 T) Huletts Castor Sugar
15 ml (1 T) fish sauce
1 – 2 chillies, chopped (optional)
Coriander leaves and sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Pour the Teriyaki sauce, syrup, garlic and oil into a bowl. Whisk to combine and season to taste. Add the chicken and marinate for 10 minutes or longer.
- Heat a griddle pan, cook the drumsticks on both sides until crispy. Place in a baking tray, drizzle with marinade and cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Toss salad ingredients together. Combine and whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- To serve: Serve chicken with salad and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with fresh coriander and sesame seeds.