Sticky Ginger Chicken
Serves 8 - 10
2 kg mixed chicken pieces
60 ml (4 T) paprika
30 ml (2 T) grated fresh ginger
2 red chillies, finely chopped (seeds removed for a milder version)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50 g (4T) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
60 ml (4 T) soya sauce
200 ml fresh orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the chicken.
- Slash the skin of the chicken so that the marinade can be absorbed into the chicken pieces. Pour the marinade over the chicken and coat thoroughly.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the sauce for 1 hour.
- Place the chicken into a roasting tray and cook uncovered for 40 minutes, basting the chicken with the sauce from time to time. Cook until the chicken is tender and brown.