Sticky Roast Pork Loin Chops and Apples
For the base:
2 onions, peeled and sliced
6 pork loin chops
3 red apples
For the sauce:
120 ml soy sauce
250 ml (1 C) Huletts Sunsweet Brown Sugar
30 ml (2 T) lime juice
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
- Combine the soy sauce, Huletts Sunsweet Brown Sugar, lime juice and Huletts Maple Syrup in a pot and cook it until the sugar has melted.
- Place the sliced onion in the bottom of a roasting pan, place the loin chops on top of the onion and pour the soy sauce mixture over the chops. Allow it to stand for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Cut a ring around the middle of the apples to stop the skins bursting and place them in the pan.
- Roast the chops for about 45 - 50 minutes until they are soft and tender, basting them from time to time during the cooking process.
- Serve with crispy roast potatoes.