Strawberry Bread & Butter Pudding
A delicious twist on an old favourite
6 thick slices white bread
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC.
- Butter the bread slices and spread with strawberry jam.
- Arrange slices in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Beat eggs and sugar together. Add cream, milk and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the cream mixture over bread and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Bake for ±1 hour or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with extra fresh cream, garnished with fresh berries, mint leaves and a sprinkling of icing sugar.