Strawberry Ice-cream Bars
400 g shortbread biscuits
80 g Huletts Icing Sugar
75g butter, melted
For the topping
125g fresh strawberries, sliced
160g Huletts Icing Sugar, sifted
2 litres store-bought vanilla
- To make the biscuit base, place the biscuits and sugar in a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the butter and process until combined. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture evenly into the base of a lightly greased 20 cm x 30 cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper until smooth. Place in freezer.
- Place the strawberries and half the icing sugar in a bowl and crush lightly with a fork. Set aside.
- Using a fork, soften the ice cream slightly and fold in the strawberry mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to the frozen biscuit base spreading evenly with a palette knife. Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight until set.
- Cut into bars to serve.