Sugar Free Brownies
Makes 20 - 24 brownies
375 ml (1 ½ cups) cake wheat flour
90 ml (6 T) Huletts Xylitol
100 ml cocoa powder, sifted
5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
8 ml (1 ½ t) baking powder
100 ml butter, cubed
100 ml full cream milk
3 extra large eggs, beaten
250g sweet potato, finely grated
1 large ripe banana, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of 1 x 23 cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, xylitol, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over a low heat while stirring. Take the pan off the heat and stir the milk into the melted butter.
- Add the eggs, sweet potato and banana, stirring well.
- Slowly pour into the flour mixture, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon to form a thick batter. Pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
- Serve warm or leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Hint: Toasted chopped pecan nuts or cranberries may be added to the mixture for a special occasion.