Sultana and Cling Peach Preserve
Makes ± 4 litres
3-6 cloves garlic
- Heat the garlic, onion, sugar, 500 ml of the vinegar, and salt together, bring to the boil and allow to boil for 15 minutes.
- Mix the spices to a paste with the water.
- Add the chillies, cinnamon, fruit and pepper strips to the boiled vinegar mixture. Bring to boiling point, reduce heat and simmer until the atchar is thick and the liquids are reduced.
- Mix the remaining 250 ml vinegar with the cornflour and add to the atchar. Bring to boil watching carefully that the atchar does not burn.
- Spoon the atchar into sterilised jars and seal with melted candle wax and lid.