Makes 10 tartlets
To make the pastry:
- Coat 10 x 7cm diameter loose-based tart pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the flour and icing sugar in a food processor.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Add the egg and process until the mixture comes together forming a ball.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface (about 4mm thick). Line the base and sides of the prepared pans and freeze for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prick base and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans, then bake for a further 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
To make the filling:
- Mix the crème fraiche, cottage cheese and castor sugar together.
- Beat the cream till stiff add the orange zest and fold into the cottage cheese mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Place strawberries and sugar in a pan, over medium heat, stirring gently until sugar has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Fill pastry cases with the creamy mixture and spoon the strawberries on top.
- Dust with icing sugar. Cases should be filled just before serving.