Sweet and Hot Dried Fruit Chutney
Makes ±1 litre.
250g dried apricots
- Add the vinegar and Huletts Yellow Sugar to the pan.
- Stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the fruit is soft and the chutney fairly thick.
- Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Stir in the lemon rind and juice, mixed spice, coriander, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Simmer for a further 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until the chutney is thick and no excess liquid remains.
- Spoon the chutney into warmed, sterilised jars, cover and seal.
- Store in a cool, dark place and allow to mature for at least 1 month before eating.
- Use within 1 year.
- Once opened, store in the refrigerator and use within 2 months.
Delicious with cheese or meat dishes.