Serves 4 - 6
1 x 415 g can sweetcorn
315 g (2¼ cup) self-raising flour
5 ml (1 t) baking powder
5 ml (1 t) salt
12 g (15 ml) Huletts White Sugar
5 ml (1 t) black pepper
15 ml (1 T) parsley, chopped
2 spring onions, chopped
3 extra-large eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Blend sweetcorn to a chunky pulp, then add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pepper, parsley and onion. Mix to a stiff mixture.
- Add the eggs to form a soft batter, pour the batter into a greased and lined loaf baking tin.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until the bread is cooked and golden.
- Serve with stews or curries, or just with butter.