Teriyaki Chicken Thighs
8 chicken thighs
Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
15ml (1 T) sunflower oil
125ml (½ cup) soya sauce
80ml (⅓ cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
45ml (3 T) Huletts Molasses
5ml (1 t) finely grated fresh ginger
5ml (1 t) garlic, chopped
5ml (1 t) sesame oil
15ml (1 T) butter
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
Spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Lay the thighs on a baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until the skin gets crispy and the thighs are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the teriyaki sauce ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Pour the sauce into a large bowl and place the thighs in the bowl and toss to coat them with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and fresh coriander. Serve hot.