Thai Green Chicken and Prawn Curry
30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced into thin strips
60 ml (4 T) Thai green curry paste
1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
45 ml (3 T) Huletts Yellow Sugar
75 ml (5 T) lemon juice
500 g filleted and skinless chicken breasts cut into cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
100 g baby corn, cut each into 4 pieces lengthways
200 g baby marrows, cut in slices at an angle
50 g tender broccoli stems
500 g extra large prawns, shelled and deveined
Fresh coriander and spring onions to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the onion, garlic and red pepper and stir fry until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the curry paste and coconut milk and allow to simmer.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and chicken and simmer until the chicken is lightly coloured and just done.
- Add the seasoning. Lastly stir in the vegetables and prawns and simmer until the prawns are just pink.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped spring onions.
Serve with basmati rice.
Hint: 1. Fresh chillies may be added for extra heat. The prawns may be omitted by increasing the amount of chicken if preferred. For a tasty extra add steamed butternut cubes to the curry.
Hint: 2. The baby corn, marrows and broccoli may be blanched in advance and refreshed in cold water.