Three Bean Rice Salad
200 g brown or white rice
100 g fresh green beans, sliced
250 ml (1 cup) ice cold water
1 x 410 g tin red kidney beans, rinsed
1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, rinsed
For the dressing:
5 ml (1 t) fresh ginger, grated
60 ml (4 T) lemon juice
30 ml (2 T) white vinegar
45 ml (3 T) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
1 small chilli, finely chopped
30 ml (2 T) sunflower oil
salt and pepper, to taste
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions, rinse under cold water, drain and place in a large bowl, set aside.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and add green beans. Cook for 5 minutes, drain and place inside the bowl of ice-cold water. Leave for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Rinse the tinned beans under cold water, drain and set aside.
- For the dressing: whisk ginger, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved, add the chilli.
- Whisk in the oil until well combined. Season to taste.
- Stir all the beans into the rice bowl and add the dressing. Toss until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.