Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Makes ± 24 cupcakes
±24 x red velvet cupcakes (shop bought or see our recipe at here
For the icing:
250 g butter
520 g Huletts Icing Sugar
10 ml (2 t) boiling water
125 g red fondant icing (buy from your local bakery shop)
125 g pink fondant icing (buy from your local bakery shop)
- Beat the butter with an electric beater until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Add the water and beat well.
- Use a piping bag and star nozzle to ice the cupcakes.
- Roll out the fondant icing and use biscuit cutters to cut out shapes as per picture.
- Top the iced cupcakes with layers of the fondant shapes.