Yellow Cling Peaches and Onion Atchar
Makes ± 4 litres
Ingredients3 kg yellow cling peaches, washed and cut into even-sized segments
1 kg baby onions
30 ml whole coriander
15 ml whole peppercorns
2 litres white vinegar
50 g (100 ml) cornflour
25 ml curry powder
10 ml tumeric
200 g (250 ml) Huletts White Sugar
10 ml salt
- Boil the coriander, peppercorns and vinegar together.
- Mix the cornflour, curry powder, tumeric, sugar, salt and enough water together to make a smooth paste.
- Stir into the vinegar mixture and keep on stirring until the mixture is well dissolved.
- Add the peaches and the onions and boil together for 10 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into clean, dry sterilised jars.
Delicious with mutton, cheese or chicken pie