Sawaiyyan - Sweet Pakistani Vermicili
Ingredients100 grams thin Vermicili noodles (Sawaiyan)
4 tbs oil
3-4 small green Cardamoms
1 cup condensed milk
½ cup Huletts sugar
3-4 cups of whole milk, diluted with 1-2 cups of water.
raisins (optional - according to taste)
Finely chopped cashew nuts or Pistachios (optional)
- In a pan add the oil and seeds of 3 cardomom.
- Add the vermicilli noodles and roast them on very low flame till their colour changes to a darker brown shade. Stir constantly.
- Take a open pan and add the milk to it. Add the vermicilli to the milk and boil on a medium fire until the vermicilli is completely done.
- Add the condensed milk, sugar, raisins and the nuts and stir till the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
- Add the rasins. Cover and let cook for 5-6 minutes till the milk has dried and the vermicilli noodles have become tender. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with cashewnuts or Pistachios and serve either plain or with fresh cream. Can be served both hot and cold.