Ingredients1 ¼ cup Gram Glour
1 ¼ cup Maida
250 gms Ghee
2 ½ cups Huletts White Sugar
1 ½ cup Water
2 tbsp Milk
½ tsp Cardamom seeds crushed coarsely
4" squares cut from a thin polythene sheet
- Sift both flours together.
- Heat ghee in a heavy saucepan. Add flour mixture and roast on low till light golden. Keep aside to cool a little, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare syrup simultaneously. Make syrup out of sugar, water and milk. Bring syrup to 2 ½ thread consistency.
- Pour at once into the flour mixture. Beat well with a large fork till the mixture forms threadlike flakes.
- Pour onto a greased surface or thali and roll to 1" thickness lightly. Sprinkle the elaichi and gently press down with palm.
- Cool, cut into 1" squares, wrap individually into square pieces of thin plastic sheet. Store in an airtight container.