185ml strong black coffee
- Mix the coffee and the brandy together in a cup.
- Dip both sides of half the packet of biscuits into this mixture and arrange in the bottom of a shallow round or square dish.
- Cream the egg yolks and castor sugar together until thick and pale yellow. Add the additional 10 ml brandy and the mascarpone cheese to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the cheese mixture. Pour half the mixture over the biscuits.
- Dip the rest of the biscuits in the coffee and arrange on top of the cheese mixture layer and then pour the rest of the cheese mixture over the top.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours to set and sprinkle with cocoa just before serving.
Serving suggestion: serve chilled