White Chocolate Indulgence with Berry Coulis
200g White Chocolate
150ml Fresh Cream
300g Cream Cheese
3 Egg Whites
160ml Huletts Castor Sugar
1 Egg Yolk, beaten
1 punnet Fresh Strawberries, Cherries and Raspberries
250g Strawberries OR Mixture of Berries
60ml Huletts Icing Sugar
15ml Lemon Juice
15ml Cointreau OR Grand Marnier
- To make the coulis, hull the berries and blend in a processor with the remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate over a low heat or in the microwave. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream. Fold the whipped cream and cream cheese into the chocolate.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the sugar gradually.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, and then fold in the beaten egg yolk.
- Pour into dessert glasses or bowls and allow to set overnight.
- Top with fresh berries or chocolate curls and serve with the Berry Coulis.
Wine Tip: This dessert would be well-served by a special Late Harvest Chenin Blanc, which has the necessary sweetness but also the freshness to avoid a cloying end to the meal.