Wholenut Fruit Cake
Ingredients250 g Maraschino Cherries, whole
500 g Whole Dates, pitted
30 ml Maraschino Cherry Liqueur
500 g Whole Brazil Nuts
210 g (375 ml) Flour
2.5 ml Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
3 ex. Large Eggs
200 g (250 ml) Huletts White Sugar
5 ml Vanilla Essence
- Soak the fruit overnight in liqueur. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Grease and line a 30 cm loaf pan.
- Place the fruit and nuts into a large bowl and sift the flour, baking powder and salt over the mixture.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until thick. Add the vanilla essence. Pour over the fruit mixture. Mix well. Spoon into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours. Remove from oven, leave to cool slightly, turn out and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When cold, extra brandy can be poured over the cake. When serving, cut slices very thinly for a stunning effect.
Hint: Cut into slices, wrap in cellophane and sell as individual slices.