Coconut Ice Stars
Makes ± 36 stars
520g (4 x 250ml) Huletts Icing Sugar
- Grease a baking tray - 22 x 22 x 5cm.
- Sift the icing sugar, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Add the condensed milk, coconut and vanilla essence to the icing sugar mixture and mix well.
- The mixture should be quite dry.
- Divide the mixture into two batches. Press the one half out onto a baking tray.
- Colour the remaining half either light pink or green with a few drops of colouring.
- Spoon evenly over white coconut mixture.
- Press down slightly with palm of the hand.
- Leave to set.
- Cut out desired shapes with a cookie cutter.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 0.00|
|Total expenses:||R 85.90|
|Recommended profit:||R 47.30|
|Recommended selling price per star:|
(R133.20 divided by 36 stars)
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|